5. The latitude and longitude displayed is the current location
of your device through the GPS module in your phone. Location services needs to be enabled.
6. You can view the menu bar by tapping the top left corner.
In the Navigation Menu, you can see the User's Name, Establishment and Application Version.
General Options: Home, History, Upload Scanned QR codes and Change User.
You can update the scanner to the latest version by click QR-ID Scanner Build.
7. To begin scanning, click the floating camera icon at the lower right side of the screen.
8. Scanning the QR (image, printed/photocopied, or in phone gallery)
9. After successfully scanning the QR, indicate what type of QR.
11. Here you can see the total number of Scanned QR Code by date.
12. When sending data, Internet is needed to send it to TAPAT servers in real-time.
Without it or in areas where Internet is slow or unaivailable,
the app will save the data temporarily in phone storage until user is online and can send it.
TAPAT Technical Hotline
09154320448 - 09639326998
09274854347 - 09566775357
General Santos City
Trace And Protect Action Team (TAPAT)
The application of technology in any contact tracing or health monitoring system is intended to facilitate volunteerism and Community Action.
Focus should still be centered on the provision of safe and affordable water and utilites, sanitation and hygienic conditions essential to protecting human health during all infectious disease outbreaks (WHO).